Today, 12th June, is World Gin Day – and with the sun shining and summer looking like it's finally here to stay, there's no better way to celebrate than with a delicious glass of something cold and fizzy.
Here are some of our favourite gin recipes to help you celebrate this very important day in the calendar:
The Ultimate G&T
- 90ml gin
- 14ml fresh lime juice
- 120ml tonic water
- 1 lime, sliced into wedges
1. Fill your favourite glass with ice, and add the gin and lime juice.
2. Top up your glass with tonic water, and garnish with a lime wedge.
Orange Lemon Gin Cooler
120ml orange juice (about 2 oranges)
60ml sugar syrup
30ml lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
120ml sparkling water
Orange wedges to garnish
Place the orange juice, gin, syrup and lemon juice in a shaker, and mix.
Fill two glasses with ice and evenly divide your mixture between the two glasses.
Top the glasses up with sparkling water and garnish with orange wedges on the rim to serve.
Blood Orange Martini
- ½ freshly squeezed blood orange
- 15ml Cointreau
- 15ml gin
- 30ml prosecco
- 1 slice of blood orange or a sprig of thyme (to serve)
- Put the blood orange juice into a jug, and mix in the Cointreau and gin.
- Fill a glass with ice and pour in your mixture.
- 3. Top up the glass with prosecco, and garnish with a slice of blood orange & a sprig of thyme to serve.
Cucumber & Gin Fizz
- 60ml sugar syrup
- 250ml gin
- 60ml lime juice
- 500ml tonic water
- 2 cucumbers - 1 chopped, 1 whole
- 2 limes, cut into wedges,
- 65g of fresh mint leaves
- Place the sugar syrup, chopped cucumber and lime juice in a blender, and mix until smooth.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve into a jug (you can throw away the solids left in the jug), and stir in the gin.
- Slice the remaining cucumber into thin ribbons with a vegetable peeler and press around the inside of each serving glass.
- Divide your gin mixture between the glasses and top up with tonic water and ice.
- Garnish with lime wedges, mint, and any remaining cucumber to serve.
Gin & Pink Grapefruit Fizz
Ingredients (makes 3L):
- 4 cups ice cubes
- 240ml gin
- 1L red grapefruit juice
- 750ml lemonade
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 lime, thinly sliced
- Fill a 3-litre serving jug with ice cubes, and add the gin, grapefruit juice, lemonade, vanilla and lime slices.
- Stir well to combine, and serve in chilled glasses.