We are working across all areas of our business to minimise our social and environmental impact and I want to share with you the steps we have taken so far.
We are committed to building our collections with longevity at the forefront of our minds through each stage of the sourcing, design and production processes.
Our brand values mean that we will do our absolute best to learn as much as we can to find more ethical ways of working and to embed sustainability at every stage.
We are not interested in fast fashion where the planet pays the price, we are passionate about designing high-quality pieces that are versatile and will last. We want you to love and wear our clothes for many years to come.
We know we are by no means perfect... yet, but we are committed to change – even when it's not easy.
We also know it is a long journey, but it is one that we care deeply about and we'll be sharing our updates here as we progress.
By taking small steps... we can affect a big change.
We are proud to...
- Have changed all of our packaging to be eco-friendly and recyclable
- Use at least 60% responsibly sourced fabrics and fibres and we are increasing this all of the time.
- Use sustainably sourced cotton in many of our jersey collections. Sustainable sourcing relates to how a cotton crop is grown and means a reduced water consumption in the harvesting. Regular cotton uses 10% of the world's pesticides which heavily pollutes crops – by using organic cottons there is less reliance on pesticides because all natural fertilisers are used, free from harmful, toxic and harsh chemicals.
- Be trialling recycled polyesters in our future collections and digitally printing many of our designs. Digital printing saved over 40 billion litres of water worldwide in 2019.
Our Sustainable Fabrics:
- Cupro is made from cotton waste, and uses a closed-loop production process where the water and chemicals used in treating the fabric can be extracted and recycled.
- Also, as it’s made from plant waste, it’s biodegradable.
- Cupro is silky, breathable and 100% vegan, and is used in many of our shirts and dresses.
- LENZING™ ECOVERO™ is a sustainable fiber used throughout our LIVE range.
- It uses wood pulp to create a biodegradable fiber, through a process that’s 50% lower in carbon emissions and water useage than generic viscose.
- It is also fully compostable and biodegradable.
- We use sustainably sourced, organic cotton in much of our jersey, as well as for our best-selling tees.
- The cotton we use is grown and harvested in a way that reduces water consumption and uses natural fertilisers – organic cotton is kept free from toxic, harmful chemicals
- Recycled polyester is made by melting down waste plastic and spinning it into new fiber. This prevents plastic going to landfill or ending up in the ocean.
- It requires far less energy to make than virgin polyester, and removes the need to create further damaging emissions when making new plastic for virgin polyester.
- Tencel™, used in many of our jackets & trousers, is a sustainable fiber made from wood pulp.
- It uses an environmentally friendly production process which recycles waste water & 99% of the chemicals used in production.
- Tencel™ fibers are compostable and biodegradable.
We are proud to...
- Be a living wage employer.
- Only work with factories that meet the highest ethical standards. Good relationships are part of our DNA and it is essential that we only work directly with the factories that share our ethos.
- Be committed to inclusivity across our whole organisation.
- Put our customers at the heart of everything we do.